NEXT PET LOSS SUPPORT GROUP--February 2, 2016
Our Pet Loss Support Group is held on the first Tuesday of each month. The next meeting will be held on February 2, 2016, from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Meetings are held in the Community Room on the second floor of the Chamblee Funeral Home located at 4991 Peachtree Road, Chamblee, Georgia, 30341.
Pet Parents are encouraged to bring pictures of their beloved furry family members to share.
This FREE Pet Loss Support Group is designed for adult pet parents who have experienced the loss of a beloved pet. Counselor Jennifer Wilmoth, who facilitates the Pet Loss Support Group, is a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist (LAMFT) with Grow Counseling in Buckhead and Gwinnett. Jennifer completed her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Southern Wesleyan University in South Carolina and her Masters of Family Therapy degree from Mercer University School of Medicine. Jennifer has spent a number of years providing family counseling services which include grief therapy and recovery. She truly understands that times of loss can provide tremendous opportunity for growth. As an avid pet lover and mom to her own furry four-legged family member, Molly, Jennifer knows the important role pets play in our daily lives and the bond shared with our pets. When a loss occurs, the profound grief and emotion brought about can be overwhelming. Sharing that personal grief with others who understand is the beginning of recovery.
Supporting Families Enduring a Pet Loss
Our monthly group is beneficial if you are:
* Feeling lost without your trusted companion;
* Unsure how to explain to a child about the death of their loyal pal;
* Thinking family and friends fail to understand your unhappiness;
* Speculating on whether it is too soon to adopt another pet;
* Experiencing ongoing grief from the loss of your pet companion; * Preparing for the passing of your pet or considering euthanasia.
Come and share your story, or just listen and receive support from others who understand what it means to lose a pet. We will explore the grief process and learn ways to let go and move forward in a meaningful way that pays tribute to your beloved pet. Together we can get through the grieving process and start the recovery process. Questions regarding the Pet Loss Support Group may be directed to Deceased Pet Care Funeral Homes at 770-457-7659. Visit our website at: www.deceasedpetcare.com
4991 Peachtree Road
Atlanta, GA 30341
Other Dates & Times
- Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 5, 2018, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- ? Show All